Monday 18 November 2013

My SUPER, BIG, news...

So...I could write a long post detailing my journey as a writer.  From my first self-published book, a little known paranormal romance called Irresistible Fear, that while it didn't sell much is still the story closest to my heart.  


  Or I could tell you how it blew my mind that people actually wanted to read the stories I had to tell.  That when I set out to publish first, Find You in the Dark and then Bad Rep, I thought to myself:

  No one is going to want to read this.  What if no one likes it?  What if I'm just not that good of a writer? 



  And then, as crazy as it seemed to me, you guys started reading these books of mine.  

And I was over the freaking moon!





 And as you joined me on this insane journey, I started to think...hey, maybe I can do this.  Maybe I can make this dream a career.  



  I have always been proud to be an Indie writer.  
My heart, my blood, my sweat, and my tears are firmly rooted in the Indie community.

Because...


I never thought traditional publishing would be in the cards for me.  I've had the door slammed in my face enough times that I learned not to expect it.  I'd get so close...my hopes would go sky high, only to have reality hit me in the face.

Really, really hard.  



But then a super awesome editor from Gallery, an imprint of Simon and Schuster, contacted my agent about the possibility of having me write a brand new series for them.  At first I was like...


I'm a total control freak by nature, so the thought of writing on someone else's timeline DID NOT appeal to me.  But I started talking to the editor and we did a little brainstorming.  I told her this idea I had for a story about a guy and a girl and the scary, consuming world of addiction, all in the midst of the underground club scene.  This story came in part from mine and my husband's life experiences.  

The super awesome editor loved it.  I loved it.  And then I thought...
I think I want to do this.

So my announcement is that I've signed a two book deal with Gallery Books.  The first book is called

Lead Me Not
Coming in October, 2014

So what does this mean for my other projects?  Not a damn thing folks!  I will still have Reclaiming the Sand out in early 2014.  The next Bad Rep novel, Vivian and Cole's story, will also be out in early 2014.  I'm so lucky that Gallery are willing to work with my indie schedule so that I can still give you the stories I've promised you.  But I can't wait for you to meet Maxx and Aubrey in Lead Me Not.  This story is gritty and raw.  It's the sort of troubled romance my readers know I love to write.  

So here is what you can expect from LEAD ME NOT!!!!

College student, Aubrey Duncan, is pulled into the dangerous underbelly of the city club scene after meeting a sexy and mysterious stranger.  Lead Me Not tells the dark story of love and addiction and fighting a temptation that could lead to destruction.

So there you have it...my super amazing news.  I hope you'll be as excited to read this story as I am to give it to you.

But most importantly...I want to THANK each and every reader who took a chance on an unknown indie writer and has loved and championed me every step of the way!

Without you...none of this matters!




8 comments :

  1. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! That's fantastic! And it's so funny how many times we get our minds wrapped up around "oh this is how it happens" and then when it actually happens it turns out to be something totally atypical, like this. That's so great! And Simon & Schuster, super wow!

    So happy for you, and proud to be your agency sibling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie!!! What a crazy, wild ride it's been! <3

      Delete
  2. No one deserves it more and fyi I loved Irresistible Fear, you are by my favorite author in any genre and I look forward to reading anything you choose to write in the future, congrats Meredith!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. เลเซอร์หน้าใส เป็นอีกหนึ่งสิ่งใหม่ทางความงดงามที่ช่วยฟื้นฟูผิวหนังที่แห้งกระด้าง บริเวณใบหน้าหมองคล้ำให้กลับมาแจ่มใสมองเบิกบานใจ ผ่องแผ้วภายในช่วงเวลาอันเร็วทันใจ นับว่าเป็นทางลัดความงดงามที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมสูง ช่วยดูแลผิวให้ขาวกระจ่างขาวสวยใส จากการลดลางเลือนริ้วรอยจุดด่างดำได้อย่างมีคุณภาพ


    เลเซอร์หน้าใส
    เลเซอร์ลดริ้วรอย
    เลเซอร์รอยสิว

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information. This post gives truly quality information. Hope to see you again.
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    real money

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks for this post🥰😍😘
    ភ្នាល់បាល់បក

    ReplyDelete